“Acting ethically has been a key concern in every aspect of our business since we started it, more than twentyfive years ago.”
Peter Leimdörfer, Partner
Sustainability is an integrated and strategically important part of our Brunswick Real Estate DNA.
Our basic take since we started investing in 2003, has been to, in a responsible manner, improve assets from all aspects during our holding period. We continuously evaluate sustainability efforts in order to make a positive impact in everything we do.
At Brunswick Real Estate, sustainability is an integrated part of our work. Each investment mandate has its own sustainability goals, matching the nature of the investments. In order to raise the level of awareness and level of our work, we have formed a Sustainability Forum with representatives from each mandate. The Sustainability Forum makes sure to highlight good examples and raise internal awareness of possibilities. Responsibility, Innovation and Development are cornerstones on our Sustainability agenda.
With our work, we actively contribute to the sustainable growth of society and to a sustainable use of natural resources, with a particular focus on reducing human impact on the environment and the climate. We can also see that our constant focus on improvement positively impacts returns and thereby strengthens our position as a business partner and employer.
UN Principles for Responsible Investments
Brunswick Real Estate signed the UN Principles for Responsible Investments in July 2018 and will report for the first time in 2019.
The UN principle milestones are:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles
Brunswick Real Estate is official UNICEF partner and support the humanitarian action for children in Malawi. ‘Companies for Malawi’ is a project where a group of Swedish real estate firms together actively support UNICEF in their important mission to improve the situation for vulnerable children in Malawi. The project started in 2006 and is still ongoing.
To further engage our employees and business partners, we organize a charity run in Stockholm every year; ‘Spring För Livet’ (‘Run For Life’). Sign up for the next run here.